Thursday, October 28, 2010

Off The Deep-End...

*Here begins a rant that is probably very hypocritical of me, considering how much I really do care what other people think of me... but I know it is a character flaw and am working to improve it so bear with me while I vent.*

I am surrounded by shallow people... they are all over and it drives me nuts. It isn't just all the advertisements brainwashing us anymore... otherwise intelligent people are falling to this and it bothers me. The anorexia and the bulimia aren't enough any more it seams. We are all self cautious and these are the extreme cases. Look at me for an example. I don't have either illness yet I constantly don't feel good enough; I put myself down and think about how skinny I'm not. Another example is my sister, who has been having doctor visit after doctor visit over the past 2 years, and just because she was skinny and never gains weight and was complaining about her stomach and acid reflux type symptoms the first thing they did when they shoved the camera down her throat was to look for scaring on her esophagus because of these diseases that are running rampant in our shallow society. (She defiantly does not have either disease by-the-way. I could have told any doctor that bothered to asked me. She hates throwing up with a passion, avoids it at all cost, to the point of taking Pepto if she feels the slightest bit nauseous, and does everything in her power to not get above a slight it nauseous.) But back to my main point... PEOPLE ARE TOO FREAKING SHALLOW! I have found that a lot of my female coworkers that are around my age are fawning over this one coworker. "He is so hot!" so on and so forth have been said to me far too much lately. These girls have even given him a private nickname to talk about him in code, take a gander at what it is... "MUSCLES"... Really ladies can we not be any more creative that his appearance? Why yes he does body build on the side. And all admit his accent is a nice change for the southern drawl that a lot of the guys around here have. But have you ever talked to him? "He is super nice." Well then you obviously haven't talked to him other than fawning over him with your cute petite girly figure (I warned you I do care far too much about this I notice things like this), but I have... hell, he used to work in our department a few years back and he is quite the asshole. Similar to the other coworkers we all despise that inspect women like pieces of meat and "would only date Germans cause they are the hottest women" or the one that calls every female "baby" and has those very unrealistic ideas of a girl that will just sit there and cook for him and give him shoulder massages all day long. I despise people like this as do most independent women that like having their dignity that women have spent hundreds of years trying to earn. So in short, society is getting more and more outwardly superficial and shallow and it is getting on my last nerve. (I am inwardly shallow. I compare myself to others and how I'm not good enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, so on and so forth; but I don't go on bragging about how hot someone is to those around me.) Can we please just work on not being the superficial shallow brainwashed beings we are turning into? Natural selection shouldn't be twisted like this. Pretty isn't always the best feature to have in a partner...


And because Emilie Autumn is win, it fits my rant perfectly, & I ♥ Sarcasm:


No comments:

Post a Comment