Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Promises & Pie Crusts Are Made To Be Broken...

I know the saying goes rules are made to be broken, but I'm starting to think the same goes for promises...
Over the past 2 years I have broken so many of those promises I made privately to myself over the years.
My broken promises:
1) No long-distance relationships much less with the main source of contact being via interwebs. (AIM is a great thing but gez. )
2) Never going to the school I go to now. (Needless to say the school is not what it used to be, when I got that idea in my head, and the other school didn't want me...)
3) Moving out when I went to college. (Just was not practical where I go.)
4) Will not ever even considering being a teacher. (I hate school why would I want to go there for the rest of my life to earn my $.)
There are probably many others, those are just the ones that stick out foremost in my mind right now.
I guess it all goes with little miss innocent growing up. I mean I laughed at a comment made on NCIS last night and daddy turned around and goes "You aren't suppose to know about that." My sister being younger and not having gone to a Con or being in college where one learns about these things she said "O, the icecream?" to which I replied "No, the bondage." She gave me a funny look and once daddy left ear shot asked me what it was. Normally she is the one schooling me since I was always the social outcast and left out of the loop. Wow, you see what I did there? I got sidetracked and forgot what I was talking about...
Promises, promises, what to say about promises. If you know me you know I normally will not break a promise, and I still take pinky promises as the most sever type of promise never to be broken. But here I go, gone done broken at least 4 promises I made to myself...
But that's life; You live, and you learn, and you make the best of it.

Song for the night:



Quotes because I like them and I feel they were needed tonight:

To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing. ~Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, 1876

Promises and pie crusts are made to be broken. ~Jonathan Swift

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. ~Niccolo Machiavelli

A promise is a comfort for a fool. ~Proverb

Life didn't promise to be wonderful. ~Teddy Pendergrass

But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep...
~Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment