Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Once Upon Days Gone By...

Both feet planted firmly on the ground,
But my head is stuck up in the clouds.
My thoughts trail off in all directions,
As I try to keep my head on straight.
Emotions running rampant through my brain.
I feel just like I do on a rainy day,
Trapped inside with naught to do,
And all I want to do is run and play,
Frolic as I did in younger days.
Alas those times are long past,
If only I knew then they would not last.
Time has come and gone, It does not stay.
That is the price we all must pay,
To live and breathe another day,
A price worth paying to say the least,
For with it comes many precious gifts.
Joy, love, hope, fear, sadness too,
The precious package we were given,
Trusted with at the beginning.
One chance is all we get,
So keep it safe, and use it well.


Okay so I'm pretty sure it ended up in a direction totally different from where it started but hey it was written on 2 different days so my emotions changed a bit. Heck they were changing as I was writing it at the beginning... But yeah I think this would be my second "poem" I have posted on here... Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment