Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why fix what's broken?...

Cause when it was whole it was amazing. But with pieces, important pieces, falling off here and there for awhile now it is almost impossible to re-assemble properly. So yeah, that mirror I broke last week, I know where most of the pieces fell... I *could* make it "whole" again, to some extent... but it wouldn't be the same. I am catching myself longing for the mirror though. That which was "normal" and "predictable" rather than not having that safe haven to run to. I needed to shatter it for more than one reason, one just finally forced my hand, I can't deny it needed to be done. The amount of stuff on my plate tonight alone is proof of that, I guess I just need to let the wound heel and sweep the piece of the mirror under the mat to deal with another less stressful weekend.

On a more bizarre note now that I have a desk I can light my candles again safely and well I am seeing spot from staring at the flame trying to think. I don't know what it is about watching the flame and the shapes the wax makes as the candle melts and burns, but it calms me and allows my mind to right itself... I guess I'm just a bit of a pyro at heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment